”Izvorul Miron” Monastery in Românești
In 1910, Bishop Miron Cristea, the future Patriarch, made a canonical visit to the parishes in these places and, being impressed by the beauty of the landscape, decided to build a monastery on the place called the "Warm Lake".
The construction of the church began in 1912, thanks to the Glava family donation. It was finished in 1929 and inaugurated in 1931.
In 1980 the restoration work of this settlement began, and the church was repainted, so that on July 20, 1991, it was reconsecrated.
After 1995, extensive construction works were carried out: a chapel, a trapeze, cells, a library, accommodation places, etc.
On June 8, 2003, the new chapel dedicated to "The Healing Spring" was sanctified by His Eminence Lucian of Caransebeș.
The old church of the monastery is in the reconstruction phase.
Address: Românești village, Tomeşti commune, Timiş county
Access: DN 68 A Lugoj, Traian Vuia (21 km) - Făget (15 km) - Coşava (11 km), right branch, DL 108 towards Româneşti
Text and photo sources: http://mitropolia-banatului.ro/; http://turismtimis.ro/