”The Nativity of the Lord” Ukrainian Wooden Church in Dragomireşti
Dragomireşti is a relatively isolated village, belonging to Ştiuca commune, located 18 km south of Lugoj, on the border with Caraş-Severin County.
The current majority population is of Ukrainian origin, coming from Maramureș. They began to settle in Dragomirești from 1964 to 1966.
The Orthodox wooden church in Dragomirești was built in 1754 and is dedicated to "Nativity of the Lord".
The church was originally built in Zorlenţu Mare, Caraș-Severin County, and was relocated to Dragomirești in 1877.
Information and photo sources: http://www.monumenteromania.ro/; http://enciclopediaromaniei.ro/