The Jdioarei Fortress
The Jdioarei Fortress was founded II - III centuries during Roman colonization. However, the first testimony about the existence of the locality are from 105-200 AD. The first document attestation of the city is from 1215, under the name Zsidovar. In X-XI centuries, the fortress was probably included in the principality of Glad.
Today the ruins are part of the national historical heritage.
Text and photo source: http://www.turismlugoj.ro/