The Lloyd Palace
Architecture / Palace
Built between 1910 and 1912, in the style of the 1900s, with elements typical of the Secession trend. Thus stands Lloyd Palace at 2 Victory Square.
The building was designed by architect Leopold Baumhorn and stands on three floors, with façades decorated and adorned with statues.
For a long time, the Lloyd Palace housed the Agricultural Stock Exchange and the Lloyd Club. In 1948, the building became known as the Politechnica Palace, home to the Rectorate of the Politechnical University of Timișoara.
Among the decorative elements of the building, remnants of panels, mirrors, stained glass windows and a few chandeliers are still preserved. The entrance hall is very nicely decorated.
Text and photo sources: http://www.timisoara-info.ro/; http://timisoara.eventya.eu/