”Saint George” Serbian Monastery
”Saint George” Serbian Monastery is situated in Mănăstire village, Birda commune, near the river Bârzava and the forest.
The architectural style of the monastery is Byzantine, and the painting on the vault is in fresco.
The monastery houses a fragment of St. George's skull and a piece of the chain that St. Peter's Apostle was tied to.
After 1944, the monastery served as a barrack for a while, then as an office building for the Agricultural Cooperative of Production in the village. At the "St. George" Monastery, only one nun lives, sister Evgenia.