The Military Casino
Architecture / Monument
The Military Casino is located in Liberty Square, and is the most valuable military building, dating back to the eighteenth century. The construction works were completed in 1775, and in time the building was superimposed and completed with a large terrace.
In a refined decor, the great festivity hall of the Military Casino was where the officers' balls used to take place, so famous at that time. This highlights the important role that the building once played in the social life of the young locals in those days.
In 1924 the Rose Exhibition was organised here, when black and blue roses were introduced for the first time.
In 1996, the building of the Military Casino started housing the Military Museum and Club.
Text source: https://timisoara.eventya.eu/