”Assumption of the Virgin Mary” Orthodox Church in Lugoj
”Assumption of the Virgin Mary” Orthodox Church in Lugoj is one of the most imposing baroque buildings in Banat. It was built between 1759-1766, founded by the overduke Gavril Gurean and was declared a historic monument.
The roof has a semicircular form, wrapped in sheets of brass. The bulb of the towers has a neo-baroque style. The doors are true portals, with the height of 3.8 m. The floor is paved with Kelheim tiles.
The church is also popularly known as the "Church with two towers", the building houses five bells. In the left tower there are three bells and in the right one there are two big bells.
In the space of the church with great acoustics, the famous chorus "Ion Vidu" of the House of Culture of the Municipality Lugoj each year holds the traditional Easter Concert.
Information and photo source: http://www.turismlugoj.ro/